You’ve likely heard or read the term wheel alignment before—it’s related to the direction your wheels are facing. All four wheels should obviously be aligned and pointed forward, but they can become misaligned over time if you’re not careful.
Keep reading to learn why wheel alignment and balancing is important and what our team can do to help:
- Driving experience: Misaligned wheels make your tires pull to one side or another when you’re trying to drive down the road. Needless to say, this leads to an uncomfortable and annoying driving experience. This problem won’t correct itself, so you’ll need to bring your vehicle in for wheel alignment.
- Safety concerns: A car drifting to one side of the road isn’t just uncomfortable—it’s also a safety hazard because it reduces your maneuverability. Tires also don’t have as much grip on slippery surfaces when they’re not aligned, which only adds to your safety concerns. Keep yourself safe by scheduling alignment today.
- Tire lifespan: Misaligned tires experience more friction when driving down the road. As a result, they wear down faster and often unevenly. This issue shortens the rubber’s lifespan while increasing your chance of a blowout. A quick tire alignment is the best remedy.
- Fuel efficiency: You’ll also feel misaligned tires in your wallet when you’re at the gas station. Because they experience more friction and have a harder time getting your car down the road, misaligned tires rob your vehicle’s fuel efficiency. Stop paying for gas more frequently than necessary by scheduling tire alignment today.
How do you know it’s time for wheel alignment?
Knowing that your wheels need to be aligned isn’t a guessing game. Look out for these signs to let you know your vehicle needs professional help:
- Crooked steering wheel: Misaligned tires also affect your vehicle’s steering column. If you need to fight to center your steering wheel while driving straight down the road, you’ll want to see a mechanic ASAP.
- Pulling: Your car should never pull to one side of the road while you’re heading straight ahead. This is a sign that something’s wrong with your vehicle’s wheel alignment or tires in general, so bring it to an auto repair shop.
- Rapid tire wear: Today’s tires are built to last for thousands of miles before they need to be replaced. But when your wheels are misaligned, they wear down quickly and unevenly. Check the tread for any premature wear, and bring your car in for wheel alignment if something looks off.
- Squealing tires: Strange noises are often an indicator that something’s gone awry with your vehicle. If your tires are squealing, something’s clearly wrong with your tires or the wheels. Regardless of the problem, a mechanic is the only person who can fix it.
Let us realign your tires
Wheel alignment and balancing are not DIY jobs, so you’ll need to bring your vehicle into a pro. When that’s the case, be sure to choose Glen Park Autoworks. With decades of experience and fair pricing, we’re the auto shop all drivers trust.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by admin